Saturday, February 25, 2006

First Bike Training Day

I did it! I rode 16 miles today. Not by myself of course. I'm training with See Jane Run, a fabulous store of women's sports apparel. About 30 other fabulous women were speeding along with me today, as we went from Golden gate Park, around Lake Merced, along the Great Highway, and back up JFK Drive to our starting point at McLaren Lodge.

I was at the back of the pack a good two-thirds of the time. Oh well! I need to remind myself that it was the first long ride I've done since I was 17, a good twenty years ago.

I didn't want my muscles to max out so I made the conscious choice to take it easy. No sense maxing out on the first intense day.

Tuesday will be the first day on the pool. I know I can do it, but I'll have to make sure I have all my gear, especially ear plugs -- I hate water in my ears -- and a damn cap. (Bad memories, you know.) I hear they have new-fangled silicon caps. Gotta get me one of those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to motivate yourself Beth!