Friday, March 03, 2006

Running -- Ack!

Now, I'm not a runner. Maybe in my dreams, but not in real life. So, last night at the first real run workout, I walked. Ok, so far. Except I didn't get enough of a workout walking, and I'm not ready to bump up the intensity yet. Ergo, lots of frustration.

I walked 2 miles (3.2 k), pretty good. But I'm one of maybe three walkers ... I just need to remember that I didn't even consider a tri two years, when I started working out. Oh, I daydreamed about it but it was so far off as to be a fantasy. So, here I am, actually living my dream. And it's hard, because I know I'm capable of so much more, but I have let my body acclimate, get stronger, and surtout (above all!) prevent injury.

I know myself best, and if there's no one else at the tri training can see where I'm coming from, other people outside of that group do: namely, Beth Sweeney, my trainer, and Bella Barany, my mother-in-law, who's been nothing but supportive this whole time. Last night, she reminded me how far I've come, and that made me put my frustration into perspective. It's like when you're a small child and you want to keep up with the big kids, but you're just not strong or big enough yet.

I'll get there... Courage, courage.

No comments: