Friday, March 03, 2006

Swimming

Tuesday, Feb 28, was our first swim workout. The first of many! I am a fish!

It was a truncatated workout because Leslie, our swim trainer, talked to us. While we stood by the pool, the 50 degree air chilled what parts of our body weren't covered. In my case, just my face. I couldn't wait to get into that pool! Finally, she gave us the go ahead, and I stripped down to my bathing suit, donned my new silicone blue cap, and squished my blue wide kids goggles, and dove it. It felt great!

Total laps for the night = 8 --> 400 yards.

One lap is up and back, 50 yards.

In the time trials used to split us into groups, I did one lap in 56 seconds, placing me with the intermediates.

I sputtered for air a few times, but it was ok because I was having a good time in the water.

I know the next workouts will be harder because we only had a half workout that night.

No comments: